Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Waiting For Paradise in an Irresistible Revolution

Living in the "Big City" by the river has it's cultural advantages and a larger population among whom I may be able to find others who share the same feelings and beliefs that I do. When found they make the anxiety of being alive in a confusing world of religions, politics, theologies, life goals, and dreams a little less anxious. And even when blessed with the ability to to travel the globe more often than I deserve I still only live in the present and when it's knee to waist high and I cringe because I know back home it's overhead and barreling. But being the artist and collaborator that I am, I try to focus on and emphasize the optomistic side of things. Thanks to my friend Ryan Curtis we found beautiful way to make a semi dull day into a portrait of flawless beauty and fun. Getting to surf NC's only reef break by myself with a couple pelicans doing finger drags across the fluid panes of glass brought a much needed peace and tranquility that the average picturesque brown over head barrel doesn't always grant you. One wave every twenty minutes doesn't leave room for error so you carefully exact every movement with surgical precision. Thank you Lord for every blessing!



1 comment:

elle + josh said...

The photo with the moss and air-born Jason in the background is sick. Miss you brother...

josh