Monday, July 7, 2008

When in doubt... sleep.

Blogging is hard work. This coming from a woman who couldn't pull it together enough this evening to make anything more than a bowl of cereal for dinner. Still, knowing how I feel might lend some insight into why we haven't been updating folks on our news. Over the past few months I graduated, we vacationed in Australia, Jason played Cornerstone, and I got Netflix. Every time I sit down to update our lives my mind swirls with so many events and memories that I latch onto the easiest idea and let it take me away. It usually involves the couch, which means the idea not only takes me away, it also takes me away from the computer. That is a positive in all things, but this--it means no blogging. It's 7pm and the sun is still relatively high in the sky--enough to make it hot outside. I am in the middle of 3 books and two loads of laundry. The yard has been mowed, the dishes done, and all my email accounts checked. I wander blissfully through boredom and potential activities, checking off the things I've already decided I don't feel like doing. Go to Target? Nah. Clean the office? Not tonight. Go to bed ridiculously early? Hmmm...

No comments: